Click the following links to learn more about...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Humbling Experience

First off, we have not yet mentioned that we forgot to pack the USB cord for our camera so that is part of the reason we have not been posting many photos on our blog. The Larsens have shared some of their photos with us, but the internet here is slow and it takes a lot of time to upload photos. We are sorry about this, but we promise to post a lot of photos when we return…

Last Saturday I (Sarah) was having some stomach issues and stayed home all day resting and using the bathroom frequently. I tried to lay low and get rest and found it was a little difficult to do so because once word got out that I wasn’t feeling well, a number of people were concerned. Sam’s Lingala teacher took time to pray for me in the morning. Our house worker Robert and Luta, the wife of the Elikya Center director, came down to enquire about me during the morning. To be honest, all of the commotion annoyed me a bit because I really just wanted to sleep.

As the day went on I began to feel much better and by evening I was fine. Before dinner we had some visitors come to our house for the specific purpose of checking on me and praying for me. MaMa Janet, the wife of the local Free Church president, gathered up her four daughters and had the chauffer drive them over here because they had heard I was sick and wanted to pray for me. I was suddenly very humbled by the response I had received all day from the people around me. I saw the church here in action. The people here heard of a need and immediately responded with prayer and concern and I felt very cared for. When I realized that I had just witnessed a beautiful reflection of Christ through His church, I was very humbled and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment