Click the following links to learn more about...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Picture of the Father


 

I (Sarah) have been witnessing a great thing in the two months we have been here. There is a teenage boy named Tresor who lives here at the Elikya Center. His parents died last year and Mowa, the director of the Elikya Center, brought Tresor into his home and has adopted him into his family.


 

Tresor is a kid who is full of life. He is always smiling; he works hard; he is friendly and welcoming to others; he is responsible and there is a general sense of joy around him. One thing that stands out the most to me about Tresor is that he loves his father, Mowa, who has adopted him. He speaks so highly of Mowa and he wants to please Mowa and bring him joy. When Tresor started up school again this year he told us he wants to study to become a civil engineer after high school and wants to be called Engineer Mowa (many people here are called by their last name). The idea of bearing the name "Mowa" and bringing honor to that name is something very important to Tresor. A couple weeks ago I heard Tresor and Mowa laughing and talking on their front porch. There was such joy and laughter coming from the house as father and son were telling each other stories and simply spending time together. A few days ago Sam was asking Tresor about some of his homework in a class he is taking for drafting floor plans and designing houses. Sam told him he wants to see his work sometime and Tresor said that he wants to show his dad first and then he could show us.


 

All of this has caused me to think of my heavenly Father who has adopted me into His family. Our Father has saved me from a life of despair and has called me His own. He didn't have to do that for me, but He chose to. As I watch Tresor delight in his earthly, adoptive father, I am reminded of what the Lord has given me. It should be my absolute joy to bear the name of my Father, to please my Father and to spend time in His presence. I am amazed at how the Lord reveals Himself to me through people and situations. I am learning how to love and delight in my Father by watching a young boy who is grateful, full of life and eager to please his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment